Starting out in this hobby my first priority was to get enough figures painted in order to actually game with them. I managed to accomplish the task by November 2015 and proceeded to fight my first battle:
This took place before I had really started on creating on terrain so once I had the figures ready I could now concentrate on that aspect instead. After some experimentation with cardboard, filler, coffee stirrers and PVA glue I managed to settle on, what I think, is a very good way to make some Tudor/mediaeval style houses.
These are VERY cheap and easy to make and you really do not need any modelling skills to get good results, I hope you like it and it inspires you to have a go yourselves.